Today we are going to make a dairy-free apple muffin recipe for babies (and the whole family!). Ideal for breakfast, or even for the snack, to carry everywhere, soft and super tasty: we love it 🙂
Dairy-free apple muffin recipe for babies (From 10 months)
What we loved in this recipe is the melting side the apple brings during cooking. We made the choice not to put milk (so that this recipe is suitable for a larger number of babies, especially because of lactose intolerance or allergy). It is a recipe that contains a small quantity of fat, and not too much sugar, perfect for babies!
The quantities I indicate for this Dairy-free apple muffin recipe for babies are for 3 muffins (I assume that it is good not to prepare too much, but if necessary, we can double the quantities -> Except for baking powder).
Here is what you need to make this Dairy-free apple muffin recipe for babies (From 10 months, for 3 muffins):
- [adinserter block="11"]
- - 1/3 cup flour (40g)
- - 1 tsp baking powder
- - 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- - 1 egg
- - 1 tbsp oil
- - 1 tbsp water
- - 1/2 apple (Gala or Golden delicious for example)
- - Pinch of brown sugar
1. We start by preheating the oven to 330°F.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. In a second bowl, mix all the liquid ingredients (egg, oil and water).
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to obtain a homogeneous muffin dough.
5. Cut the apple in 2 to keep only half (and we do not hesitate to eat the other half, it’s excellent!). Cut 6 thin apple slices, then cut them in 2 to obtain 12 petals. Put them aside (we will use them later to decorate the top of our apple muffins for babies). Cut the rest into small cubes about 1cm side.
6. Add these cubes to the muffin dough, and mix well.
7. Put the dough equally in 3 small muffin molds (if they are not silicone molds, I advise you to oil the inside of the molds before putting the dough. This will allow muffins to be unmold more easily .).
8. Add 4 apple petals (previously set aside) to each muffin.
9. Add a pinch of brown sugar to each muffin.
10. Put in the oven and leave to cook for 30 minutes. Above all, we monitor the cooking because each oven is different! They should become slightly golden.
11. Let cool a little bit before unmolding, and enjoy!
Our Dairy-free apple muffin recipe for babies (From 10 months) is now over, and our babies (and the whole family!) will be enjoy it 🙂
Of course, as with any type of cake, we always watch baby while he is eating. Note that it is quite possible to give it to a baby who has no teeth! He will use his small gums to cut small pieces of fondant muffins;)
Bon appetit baby!