Time is running out, baby is already nearly a year old! Gulp. I confess that as the fateful date approached the more I wondered what to prepare my daughter for her first birthday cake! On what would she blow her first candle?
I do not know about you but for me birthday cake has always been synonymous with chocolate… but that’s it… my baby still has never tasted chocolate! So, how much do I need? In what form should the cake be? What type of chocolate can babies eat? Oh la la! Too many questions. But the choice for chocolate, we are keeping that! I then thought of adding fruit would be a healthy addition for a baby birthday cake. Chocolate and . . . banana of course! The chocolate-banana combination works perfectly, so far so good!
Finally, what type of cake to prepare for baby? It must be healthy and light but most importantly it must be easy to eat!A yogurt cake was the first idea that came to me.
Baby’s first birthday cake recipe
My daughter loved her birthday cake to celebrate her first year and that’s the main thing 🙂 Following is the recipe. I hope you and your little one enjoy the cake as much as we did and we wish you a wonderful day with lots of baby gifts 🙂
Here’s what you need to cook this heart-shaped banana baby cocoa cake recipe (as early as 12 months, for about 4 muffins):
- - 1/2 plain yoghurt
- - 2 tbsp sugar (40g)
- - 3/4 cup flour (90g)
- - 1tsp cocoa powder (sugar free) (8g)
- - a knob of butter or 1 oz oil (20g)
- - 1 egg
- - 1 tsp baking powder (6g)
- - 3 banana slices
- - Muffin pans
1. We will start by mixing the egg, sugar and cocoa. For cocoa I bought pure unsweetened cocoa powder, brand “Van Houten”. Mix everything well until it is well uniform.
2. To this mixture we add the natural yoghurt and then the sunflower oil. We mix again.3. We end up by adding the flour then the yeast and… we mix again 🙂 . 4. Once the dough is smooth and even place it in the muffin pan. Do not fill to the top because we need to leave room for our banana slices.
5. Now, we will put our three banana rings into the center of our dough so that the dough covers them completely (the banana heart will be the surprise;)).
6. We put our muffin tray in the oven and cook for 25 minutes at 180 ° C. Let’s go !7. Let the baby cake cool down and serve it during the afternoon snack just before you hand out the beautiful birthday gifts 🙂
I hope this little first birthday cake recipe with heart-melting banana cocoa will please your little one.See you soon, and bon appétit bébé!